Monday, February 3, 2014

I may be a pig but I'm sober!

You know for all the pastors that I hear preaching on the sins of a sexual nature I can't remember the time I heard more than a passing "joke " about gluttony from the pulpit .We GOSSIP on the drunks but laugh with the OBESE but God puts both their weaknesses together. "Obesity accounts for 18 percent of deaths among black and white Americans between the ages of 40 and 85," while""Women appear to be more vulnerable than men to dying from obesity. Black women had the overall highest risk of dying from obesity or being overweight at 27 percent, followed by white women at 21 percent." according to a study published online Aug. 15 in the American Journal of Public Health. According to medical stats:( (2005). "Obesity". Journal of the American Medical Association 293 (15): . Obesity nearly kills more people in this country than alcohol, drugs and std's COMBINED ! ~ LIL JOHN From a online site" Gluttony seems to be a sin that Christians like to ignore. We are often quick to label smoking and drinking as sins, but for some reason gluttony is accepted or at least tolerated. Many of the arguments used against smoking and drinking, such as health and addiction, apply equally to overeating. Many believers would not even consider having a glass of wine or smoking a cigarette but have no qualms about gorging themselves at the dinner table. This should not be! Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags.” Proverbs 28:7 declares, “He who keeps the law is a discerning son, but a companion of gluttons disgraces his father.” Proverbs 23:2 proclaims, “Put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony.” Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/gluttony-sin.html#ixzz2sHhBOWjG

No comments:

Post a Comment